Thursday, January 07, 2016

*Really* Begins

This, I am certain, is the beginning of the next big stage.


Yesterday:


Gentle Dental today *and*, now, tomorrow.


The scary: dentist looked at my X-rays, took a deep breath and said, "Wow. I see. So let's talk: You have so many microfractures in your two front teeth that it's a matter of time before a vibration fully cracks one or both. That vibration could be as insignificant as biting into an apple at this point." [Frightening validation.] "The good news is you can choose either veneers or crowns because there is no bone damage or infection...yet. I can make time tomorrow if that works for you."


Sooooo, we began prep today [I cannot stop touching my face and giggling because it's still so numb, hahaha!] We finish tomorrow and I get my temporary veneers immediately after. Perms in a month. [My bite needs to readjust for a bit first. In 3-6 months, I get initiated into the Niteguard club, lol! Tho thecthy!]


The most ironic part of this was that the dentist and hygienist said that, front teeth aside, I have one of the most beautiful and healthy set of teeth they'd ever seen. How weird is life?!?


And tomorrow I get my smile back! BOOM!!


OMG!!!!


Today:


OK! Steps 2 and 3 are now complete!! Or rather thtepth 2 and 3. I am numb from my ear to nothe and chin / jaw.


I have a delightful little lithp, that ith cracking me up. Ethpecially becauthe I went to the thtore for thome athpirin and when the clerk athked me how my day wath going, I thaid, with great enthuthiathm, "Oh, it'th been tho thuper thwell! Thankth for athking!" and gave her a huge lopsided thmile. LOLTH!!

But seriously LOVELOVELOVE my new temporary grill! My gums are still a bit angry,and I can't stop playing with them but I am so ready to have my badass smile back.  Tonight, I bathe my lips again in Vitamin E oil in gracious thanks for so many months of being torn to shreds, night and day.  And then tomorrow, "Project Aggressive Smile" begins.


Boo to the YAH, babies!!

In the meantime, "Project Chipmunk Cheeks" is rapidly approaching.   I suspect it will be an uncomfortable night, but well worth it.  I'm sure I'll have a few choice thoughts at about at about 4am when Advil isn't quite cutting it.

Still: soooooo worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment