Saturday, January 31, 2015

Langston

Thank you, Langston, for lighting fire to the writer and poet in my soul.

Thank you, Linda and Jim, for recognizing that kernel in me that I knew not what to do with so many years ago and feeding that hunger for the word.
 

Thank you to all of my wonderful beloved friends for "getting" me when I thought there was no get to be got.

Mr. Hughes, if there is an afterlife, next life, something new on the life horizon...I hope we get to sit down and share some kind company and belly laughs.  I suspect they would be good, good times.  You, sir, helped to shape my world when I had no idea what a world could be.

Hold fast to dreams, indeed.  I did and have done so with your words whispering in my ear.

Every ounce of my respect, I present. Thanks to you, in no small part, my life is not a barren field and my appreciation abounds.  I believed because you offered a chance to believe in your words.

I did.


Kindest of the most kind regards,
Jacki



"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.


-Langston Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment