Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Open Hand

A lesson that I learn every day is how to love with an open hand.  By this, I mean being willing to let someone wander their through life and the world, but remaining the kind of person and place to which they will want to return on the terms that make them comfortable.

It sounds altruistic or even self deprecating, but I think not.  This is how we teach each other because loving ourselves actively and making that space open to others is one way that others learn to do the same.  When you responsibly handle your own environment by quietly defining your boundaries, you can be a space of joy without giving yourself up.  I suppose it's also known as unconditional love.  [I just like to use more words.]

I really seriously want some banana pancakes now.
..consumed in a multiperson hammock.

No comments:

Post a Comment