Saturday, May 31, 2014

Not nostagalia, but reconnecting

In the last several months, I was presented with a box of notes and letters from junior high through university.  These can be difficult years and I was no exception to that feeling.  I won't name names [it's likely that you know who you are], but what I found and read was incredible and I took a moment to really look back and remember laughing together, supporting each other, seemingly endless anticipation, exam and SAT fears, and feeling so full of potential. And basically being an emerging adult without looking like the idiot you frequently thought you were.

Parents, be brave.  I love and respect you for your task and just know that there are Ray Bradbury aspects of childhood that include scraped knees and rolling in grass that cannot be manufactured.

No comments:

Post a Comment