Friday, February 24, 2006

No...really!

Discussion over family meal last night with co-workers

M: Did you get a haircut?
FG: Last week. But I colored it today.
J: Really? It doesn't look any different. No, actually, it's shinier.
FG: Yeah. I'm not exactly pleased about the color though.
M: Why? It looks fine to me.
FG: It's pink. I'm keeping myself calm by callling it magenta.
J & M [jointly]: Oh, it's not pink. Come on!
FG: walks over and stands in well lit kitchen
J & M: both look momentarily stunned
FG: I know, huh?
J & M [graciously attempting to downplay the situation]: No, hey, it's not that bad. You can always recolor it right? That's just in the bright light.
FG: I've been blessing the low lighting on the patio all night long, especially with all the kidlets we had in tonight. I would have crawled under a table if I'd heard, "Mommy, why is that lady's hair pink?"
R [looking at me perplexed from across the room, in a thick Spanish accent]: Wow. Frisbee. Did jhou know dat jhour hair, eet ees peenk?

No comments:

Post a Comment