Saturday, January 21, 2006

Song in List Form game

via
Mine
When:

-on nights like this
-when the world's a bit amiss
-the lights go down across the trailer park

I feel:
-down
-had
-on the verge of going mad

I do the following:
-punch the clock
-put on some make-up
-(play) some LaVern Baker
-turn up the tape deck
-pull the wig down from the shelf
-pull the wig down on my head

I become:
-Miss Midwest Midnight Checkout Queen
-this punk rock star of stage and screen
-Miss Beehive 1963
-Miss Farrah Fawcett from TV

As I look up from my Vermouth on the rocks at a gift-wrapped wig still in the box of towering velveteen, I reflect:
-back on where I'm from
-at the woman I've become
-the strangest things seem suddenly routine

It all ends when:
-I head home and put myself to bed
-I wake up and turn back to myself

I envy girls who:
-have natural ease
-wear it any way they please

This is the best way that I've found to be the best you've ever seen:
-Shag
-bi-level
-bob
-Dorothy Hammil do
-sausage curls
-chicken wings

Why? It's all because of you and your:
-blow dried
-feather back
-Toni home wave
-flip
-fro
-frizz
-flop

My favorite one, however, was bmarkey's:

You are currently:
*Looking at your watch a third time
*Waiting in the station for a bus
*Going to a place that's far, so far away
*Going where nobody says hello (They don't talk to anybody they don't know)

Possible consequences of your actions:
*You'll wind up in some factory that's full time filth and nowhere left to go
*Walk home to an empty house
*Sit around all by yourself

Anticipated outcome:
*You'll be coming back before too long

My current agenda:
*At night I drink myself to sleep
*Pretend I don't care if you're not here with me

Veiled threat:
*Something better happen soon or it's gonna be too late to bring you back

Weak selling points:
*It's not as though I really need you
*If you were here I'd only bleed you
*But everybody else in town only wants to bring you down
*That's not how it ought to be

Things you shouldn’t do:
*Go back to Rockville
*Waste another year

No comments:

Post a Comment