Thursday, August 04, 2005

Definitely, Maybe!

My circus train pulls through the night
Full of lions and trapeze artists
I’m done with elephants and clowns
I want to
Run away and join the office

-M. Doughty

Awhile ago, a woman I know commented to me that July would be a tough period. She said it wouldn't last long, four to six weeks, and that it would result in my having to make a descision. Because of the subject under discussion immediately before this observation was made, I have been operating under the assumption that this would pertain to a relationship with the opposite sex. As these things are wont to happen, it has turned out to have nothing to do with the opposite sex (as it seems that I have little trouble making decisions in that realm), but with the job arena.

Remember that Baz Luhrmann piece, "Sunscreen" from a few years ago?

Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.

Yeah, what he said.

While I certainly don't consider this a trouble, more of a puzzle, and am not complaining, it does follow the same pattern in that even when you know, you just don't know. Ya know?

It has become far more difficult and nerve-wracking than I would have imagined. And just when I thought I had absolutely, definitively, for sure made my decision, I come to find out that the door wasn't locked. New opportunities are presented and the process begins all over again and with brand new intensity. It should be interesting, if nothing else.


*head explodes*

No comments:

Post a Comment