Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Random bits of entertainment

2005 is shaping up to be a great year in the theaters for those of us with a taste for specific genres. While I won't provide reviews, Sin City was amazing and Hitchhiker's Guide, which a small group of .m.'s Merry Marauders and Mischief Makers had the pleasure of seeing last night, was almost exactly as I'd envisioned it. I hope Mr. Adams is smiling somewhere in his booth in the restaurant at the end of the universe.

(It's worth saying that a couple times our gang unintentionally upstaged the film with our reactions to on screen events. So, if anyone reading this happened to be at the 7:10 showing at the Van Ness AMC, allow me to offer my sincerest apologies for the fly swatter scene as well as the scene where Marvin was 'killed'. We were moved.)

Then there's War of the Worlds, Serenity, The Corpse Bride and, of course, the much anticipated Revenge of the Sith. I have mixed feelings about the last of these, but was talking with the gang last night about the Darth Vader's blog, thinking I was the last person in the known universe to have heard about it. Apparently not. .m., I'm returning the favor of bringing to my attention the libel-bomb that was Michael Bay's blog by sending you here:
The Darth Side: Memoirs of a Monster. Not nearly as scathingly funny as the Bay blog, it certainly holds its own. Especially when you start reading the comments. I recommend grabbing a beer and a towel, making yourself comfortable and watching the fun unfold.

Vader has a wonderfully twisted sense of humor. "Remember when your dog died? That was me." GOOD STUFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment