Friday, April 08, 2005

A paraphrase and an apology

But what's the point if it's not enough to make me change my wicked ways? (Thanks, Heather!)

I've long held fast to the concept that intellect can, in fact, outweigh instinct. Intellect having the advantage of discernment. However, instinct is a powerful force. In some ways, a literal force of nature. I felt a certain confidence that I could outwit instinct in this case, but it has instead, reared the head of its not so pretty side: "When push comes to shove, you just forget about it - it's just not worth the heartache."

Soooo, yeah. The votes are in and I'm
yet and still the left of center, conservative, unyeilding, charismatic, distant, inviting, self absorbed, elusive conundrum. I dunno, I doubt I'll ever be able to reconcile that list and litany of compliments and complaints, even if either were meant as such. Hope, though, does spring eternal, no?
_______________________________________________________________

Special to A: I'm sorry. I thought it/I could be different this time. But you don't know unless you try, right? Besides, instinct tells me that you have a talent for landing on your feet, so go get 'em, Tiger!

And please know that I will always be one of your biggest fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment