Thursday, April 28, 2005

All hail the n00b!

For perspective: with the exception of about 3 years, I have been working in the restaurant industry continuously since the age of 15. As I stated in an earlier post, I am well into my 35th year on this beautiful blue planet of ours. With the exception of physical plant maintenance, I have worked every conceivable position in a restaurant or bar. To be concise, I know about fire, the dangers of cobustibles and how to properly handle Sternos.

Shortly before 5pm this evening while rearranging the steamtable: "Hello Mr. Sterno, let's just put you out, shall we?"
quick blue flash "Um, no, that's fine. I didn't really want those bangs. Useless, actually." (Note that Mr. Sterno displayed no sign of remorse or contrition.)

On the upside, I did manage to avoid my eyebrows. Surgical precision at it's best, I'll tell you what.

No comments:

Post a Comment