Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Confusion the waitress sat down at my bar

She didn't ask for happy hour prices, smart girl that she is. We carefully sorted through the facts, the yeses and nos. She was uncompromising, but never unkind. Ostensibly, she left me with a choice, but the answer seemed obvious. For all of the power and the passion and the potential, there was more pain than anything else. Neither of us is sure why this is, but there you have it and what are you going to do? Such is life and the way of things.

Once, it was he and me and him and her, and I said then, "Never again." This time, it's me and he and her and them. It's like standing in an emotional breadline and I can see that I'm the one that doesn't belong in this equation. It's time to rectify the situation.


And so it goes. As do I.

Confusion the waitress has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment